Sunday, May 13, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Below are some pictures of our home in Puebla. It's apparently quite nice for Mexico! And I am very grateful for the opportunity to learn to live a little more simply -- I think it's something that I've needed to learn for a while. :)

PS I can't figure out why it puts the pictures in the order it does, but I'm just rolling with it...

1. This is a piece of our street, from our second-story balcony. The little girl by the truck was looking at me super-funny, but then again, being white in the middle of Puebla gets us funny looks no matter what. :)

2. Some neighboring rooftops. I don't think I ever thought I'd be living in a neighborhood like this!

3. The entryway to our house. The green garage door leads straight into the house as well, and there's only a thin metal door between the garage and the kitchen. All the doors here are metal, actually, and every house is cinder block.

4. My bedroom! Tile floor, nice bed, actually not lacking much in the way of amenities except that the door is also metal. I don't think there's a scrap of wood in the whole house besides furniture.

5. Our shower. Basically, there's no separation between the sink, the toilet, and the shower. You just have to hope that nothing gets splashed too much when you bathe!

6. The kitchen. Tap water is unsanitary, but we still wash our dishes in it. Yeah, whatevah. Drinking water is sold in 5-gal bottles. Oh, and you light the stove with a match! So cool.

7. Taylor's bedroom, along with Taylor.

8. And this is our dryer. We have a real washing machine, which seems to work fine, but last night I had all my clothes out here on the roof. It takes a long time to hang all those things up, let me tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment