Monday, May 28, 2012

Routines

Well, it seems that things are finally seeming to settle down into a routine these days... We got our internet working in the whole house (hopefully even in the mornings), re-arranged the furniture as desired, know where to go to get groceries and drinking water, and when I went shopping this morning I knew just what I wanted and where to get it. Change is fun, but I have to admit -- I'm a man of routines.

Speaking of routines, I should probably record what a typical day goes like! When there isn't anything going (which is so rare that it's hardly worth mentioning), you might find me doing the following:

7:00-10:00 - Wake up, exercise if desired (hopefully I will be feeling better now that I'm used to the food), eat breakfast, read scriptures, and prep for the day.
10:00-2:00 - Usually some kind of meeting at the Employment Center or homework.
2:00-4:00 - Get bored of being in the house, go out to get the biggest meal of the day (the "comida") if I haven't already eaten too much, explore.
4:00-11:00 - More homework, followed by occasional sidetracking onto blogs, email, facebook, and usually a visit to my adopted street vendor family down the street.

HOWEVER, this is almost always broken by one of the following:

- Career Workshop (either here in the city or a couple hours away -- about 10 or 11 hours of work spread over 2 days)
- Touristing (usually 2 or 3 times weekly, though getting to be less as we settle in -- I don't mind that)
- Visits to the nearby university (I have several books that I need to read at the university, and also just enjoy the environment)
- Institute, dinner with friends, or other church activities

So goes "a day in the life", here in Puebla... and I'm beginning to love it already.


Picture:
1. Lounging at my typical homework spot, which doubles as a table for eating when we get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment